Monday, July 2, 2007

A toast: This wedding is ganna happen!

This past Saturday I went to my future sister-in-law, Primula's, wedding shower. She was stunning (of course!) and was sporting an adorable hand-me-down, dress-up type of veil.

It was so neat to meet all of her dearly loved friends - the ones who will be within smacking distance to "assist" my brother, Orangeblossom, and her in the rough seasons of marriage.

The afternoon was filled with delicious food from Black China Bakery and many laughs (that girl's a hoot).

This picture is from gift opening time ... the sheet says that it's a voucher good for the wedding night accommodations paid for by one of her good girlfriends - as you can see Primula was shocked and pleased!
When we all went to enjoy a wedding toast the girls around the table said "CHEERS" (in unioson) and Primula followed it up with "unlike other family wedding's this wedding is going to happen" ... I almost choked on my sip of bubbly. Primula then went on to tell how both my brother and I walked away from engagements just weeks prior to the big day. I didn't even know Primula knew about that, much less did I think I'd be sharing it that afternoon with 20 strangers! Well if you know me at all, you know that I love being the center of attention, so I got over the trepidation pretty quickly.

So I guess in less than a month I'll be posting pictures of the event to come ... as you heard the girl "this wedding is ganna happen!"
... TO BE CONTINUED

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! I can just see your face when *that* comment was announced! DOH?!!!!

    ReplyDelete