Yesterday I went into the RE and they did a scan to count how many eggs we were going to release and we counted three for sure and perhaps as many as five. Three eggs we could be ok with, five eggs is one more than we'd feel comfortable with. Our specialist said "medically speaking you definitely have 3 and you could have 5" We asked what's the probability of the other two eggs catching up by the time I ovulate? Their scientific response: "it could happen".
So there we were left with little concrete info to make a decision, though we *knew* what our decision was going to be ... we induced ovulation yesterday morning in an attempt to force ovulation before all the follicles grew to a size large enough to ovulate and we scheduled a follow up ultrasound for today to in fact SEE if the two under-achievers caught up, giving us the potential five follicles.
We went in today for a scan and found SEVEN follicles of mature size ... SEVEN!! (evidentially, my ovaries - are machines!) So we could have a few babies to divy up and give away come 9 months from now ... anybody want one?
Ok, so I'm lying.
As you know, Berilac and I aren't willing to consider selective reduction, so, like good, responsible adults, (and unlike the desparate infertiles we feel like) we are cancelling this cycle and we will have no babies come late July/early Aug.
Up and down, back and forth ... man, this rollercoaster is making me nauseous.
In a Nutshell.
1 month ago