(Thank you Daisy for a wonderful distraction from ... well ... moping)
4 Jobs I've Held: what, only four?? Ok, I will list all of them, but I will only comment on four of them.
- Foster's Freeze: (similar to a Dairy Queen) I worked there through high-school (and beyond! five years total) as it was the only job that would support my cheerleading/dancing schedule ... yes, I was a cheerleader, big surprise? No. When I worked there - somedays I felt unaccomplished ... but now that I've had very high-visibility, high-stress jobs I long for the days to drop a quarter in the juke box, hop up on the counter, and kareoke to Peggy Lee's "You give me fever!" I think this job was my most pivotal and important job as it was here that I came to learn about and accept the Lord. Here's an unbelievable plug for the good that can come from shameless bible thumping in the work place! (some people [me] just need to get knocked hard in the noggin). Wanna hear something funny? I've been in the professional working world for about 10 years now and my job at Foster's Freeze is the one I've held the longest ... tee hee.
- U-VU Networks: (Internet streaming media company ... back in 1997, before there WAS streaming video - yikes!) This was awesome b/c I asked the president of this company if I could have a job ... at the time I was working at the Foster's Freeze and had ZERO computer experience (wasn't quite sure how to use one really) and I got this job. I thought it was b/c of my intellect and obvious "bright-ness" but no, it was b/c he was a 32 year old pervert and I was a cute 19 year old ... yikes, yikes, double yikes. BUT, it got me into my current field and was the creepy start of my career. (God works in mysterious ways, no?)
- Business Analyst at a telecomm company.
- Presales/Technical Software Sales: This was a favorite job of mine b/c I got to travel 80% of the time with my wonderfully dear friend of mine (Daisy) and we ventured to Florida, Alaska, Hawaii, Scottsdale, etc together and we survived a near plane crash together - oh how a near death experience can bring two people together.
- Enrollment counselor at University of Phoenix: Really, I must say that although my title was "enrollment counselor" the job was actually more like a full-court-press sales position. They wanted me (someone who looks like their 12) to ask 50-something year old non-college-graduates "how it made them feel" to be where they were in life w/o a college degree ... I was lucky I wasn't hauled off and slapped silly by some (understandably) angry old losers. (HA, just kidding, just wanted to see if you're really reading ... they weren't old, nor were they losers)
- Project manager at an ecommerce company.
- IT consultant for a Microsoft partner.
- Systems Analyst for a noteable private university.
4 Films I could watch again and again:
- As good as it gets
- Beauty and the Beast (Hubby and I love to sing the Gaston/Lefou song, he plays the role of Gaston, me as Lefou)
- It's a toss up between Tommy Boy and So I married an axe murderer
- Finding Nemo, Toy Story 1 & 2, Shrek 1 & 2, Incredibles, all the animation movies - I so appreciate the skill.
4 TV Shows I watch
- Oprah - it's sick and I know it.
- Biggest Loser - it's inspiring.
- Last Comic Standing
4 PLaces I've lived (the first three towns are no more than 15 miles apart)
- Little town in northern California
- A different little town in northern California
- Another different little town in northern California
- A town on the Peninsula in the Bay Area, California
4 Favorite foods
- Lamb, marinated in olive oil and garlic - YUM!!
- Pretty much anything deep fried my favorite is mozerella sticks dipped in ranch (fat, cooked in fat, dipped in fat ... does it get any better?)
- GOAT CHEESE!
4 websites I visit everyday
- Yahoo mail
- A fertility site that helps me track my cycles
- My favorite blogs (listed on the right)
- google - to search for all things fun
4 favorite colors
- sage green
- celery green
- forest green
- olive green
4 places I'd rather be right now
- At home
- Traveling around the world
4 names I like but wouldn't or couldn't use myself
- Oprah (ok, just kidding)
And my 4 blogging friends that I'm tagging are:
- Maine n' me
- Fresh Mint. Hot Pink
- Mandy Dawson
- Wishing and Hoping - Fortune Cookie Says Don't give up